Having access to immediate and accurate data is crucial for mining companies to perform.
Data impacts such a wide range of functions across operations and divisions, from Logging Geologists, Geology Supervisors, Plant Operators, Plant Supervisors, Resource Modellers and Mining Engineers.
Enabling accurate and immediate data that is in consistent practical formats, from a single source of truth, and is usable across divisions is more than a ‘nice to have’. It’s critical.
Why is it the case that accurate data is not always immediately available for those who need it most?
Common causes of delays in data
Mine sites around the world face substantial difficulties with their data flow and data management.
As a result, the data can be fragmented and delivered in any number of different formats.
When a non-observational style of geological logging occurs, this creates additional delays and hinders to the flow of data.
Sifting through all of this data, interpreting it, double-checking it and communicating it in a relevant way to the various roles that rely on the data can be labour-intensive and time consuming.
It’s not uncommon for data to be delayed up to the three months in these scenarios.
What is the solution?
- Mining companies need access to a database they can manage themselves. A self-managed database with external, independent support when required, ensures efficiency and immediate access to data.
- A data logging solution that can be used offline is vital.
- Where geologists have to adjust logs to fit standard geological blocks, delays can occur. Standardised interfaces which adjust the logging style of the geologists to an observational technique can reduce data logging time substantially.
- Implementing a stringent data management process which streamlines the workflow of uploading data from the field logger to the production database, not only ensures accuracy and speed of data, it’s an important part of compliance
- A single interface data management solution integrated with centralised and standardised business rules ensures a ‘single source of truth’ across divisions.
Get immediate & accurate data with Expedio
Contact us to discover how your business can benefit from immediate and accurate data delivered with exceptional customer service.
Get in touch on 1300 496 006 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re happy to help!