Expedio’s Top Tip for March better Data Capture:
Data capture is one of the most important processes in data management. Getting it right at the point of capture will negate many errors before they become a big problem further down the process stream.
A data capture tool should enforce strict standards on a user to only allow valid data to be entered. For example:
- Enforce company codes – pick lists to fields to ensure adherence to company logging standards and avoid a situation of people creating their own geology codes.
- Built in validation rules to allow worksheet checks, this provides the ability to define contextual checking of data within and across multiple worksheets. Validations will allow you to check for:
- Overlapping or missing intervals
- Invalid dip/azimuth/grid values
- End depth checking
- Invalid sample types or groups
- Contextual or logical checking across data columns
- Manage data flow – only allowing a user to export data once from a logging tool to avoid a double up in data in the production database and creating an issue of multiple data sets. Which data set is correct?
OCRIS Mobile allows for all of this and more, OCRIS Mobile has an unbeatable range of features combined with rock-solid data validation and management. OCRIS Mobile is the only choice if you want fast, accurate and dependable exploration or mining logging in the field.